The list of free plugins goes on. Here’s another 38 free Audio Unit plugins for your favorite DAW. Some are 32-bit, some 64-bit. Some are teasers, and some are made by dedicated freebie plugin developers with good ideas. Fire ‘m up!
SPL offers a free plugin:
- Free Ranger – an EQ. 32 and 64 bit.
PSP offers a free plugin:
- PSP PianoVerb – reproduces special kind of reverberation originally provided by piano strings. It generates verb using twelve string operators with adjustable damping and decay time. Each operator is tuned to a particular note. Requires registration.
Audio Damage offers a set of free plugins:
- Rough Rider – a vintage style compressor.
- Pulse Modulator – a model of an tremolo pedal from the 70s.
- Fuzzplus 2.2 – a distortion pedal model, cloned from a rare vintage fuzz pedal.
Lots of free stuff, some plugins offer sliders only, some a GUI:
- Bouncy – a ‘bouncing ball’ delay.
- Crazy Ivan – use at your own risk…
- Cyanide 2.0 – a shaper.
- H2O – a simple compressor with saturation.
- Madshifta – for lo-fi pitch-shifting and feedback effects.
- SupaPhaser – 3 to 23 stages phaser with feedback. Phaser operation is controled by a mixture of LFO and envelope follower, both configurable, enhanced stereo effect, pre-phaser distortion or saturation.
- SupaTrigga – real time recycle stuff. Things can get real crazy with this one. Very nice in combination with other plugins.
Betabugs Audio (link to full site, look for OS X installers) offers a set of funky plugins:
- GetaBlitchJR – a sequenced gate effect.
- CrayonFilter – Crayon Filter is a multi-band filter plug-in.
- MonstaChorus – is a true analog style stereo chorus effect.
Apulsoft links to most of the Smartelectronix and Betabugs Audio plugins. But there’s more:
- Chip32 – produces old school electronical sounds and features a graphical wavetable editor.
- Slim Slow Slider – a multiband compressor.
- Cheeze Machine – this plugin emulates the classic string ensemble sound, made popular by such classic synths as the Crumar Performer or the Arp Solina.
- FreeG” – a masterfader with extended, customizable metering, and multiple control features and settings. Requires registration. 32 and 64 bit.
- Frohmage – a highly resonant low-pass filter. Up to 15 additional bands, linearly distributed. Delay on each band for unique phasing-like effects. Distortion stage, with two routing schemes. Very fine MIDI control (PRN and NPRN sent or recorded by Frohmage are 14-bit accurate). Low CPU load. 32 and 64-bit.
IK Multimedia offers two free teasers:
- Amplitube Free – a free version of AmpliTube 3 with 24 models including 9 stomps, 4 amps, 5 cabs, 3 mics, 2 rack effects + tuner. Registration required. 32 and 64 bit.
- Sampletank Free – a full-featured version of SampleTank 2.5, with a 500 MB samples library. Registration required.
Togu Audio Line
TAL offers quite an impressive list of free plugins (all 32-bit, the first five plugins are 64-bit too):
- TAL Noisemaker – a virtual analog synth.
- TAL-Vocoder – a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands.
- TAL Reverb 2 – a reverb.
- TAL Reverb 3 – a plate.
- TAL Filter – a host-synced and a midi controlled filter plugin.
- TAL Elek7ro – a virtual analog synth.
- TAL BassLine – a virtual analog bass synthesizer.
- U-NO-60 – a polyphonic virtual analogue synth based on the Roland JUNO 60.
- TAL Chorus-60 – a standalone version of the chorus implemented in U-NO-60.
- TAL-Dub, TAL-Dub-II and TAL-Dub-III – vintage style delay effects.
- TAL Effects – a Bitcrusher, a Flanger, a very simple EQ, and a Saturation plugin.